September 2nd, 2019 |
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free, Egg Free, Refined Sugar Free, Raw
Buckwheat is a nutrient dense food, rich in vitamins, minerals, protein and dietary fibre. It is excellent for cardiovascular health, blood sugar management and for people diabetes, it promotes weight loss and glowing skin, along with a host of other health benefits.
Cacao Buckwheat Slice
- 1.5 Cups of Loving Earth Activated Buckwheat
- ¾ Cup of Pumpkin Seeds
- ¾ Cup of Sunflower Seeds
- 1 Cup of Desiccated coconut
- ½ Cup of Goji berries
- ½ Cup of Cacao Nibs (optional)
- ¾ Cup of Chopped Dates
- 1/3 Cup of Maple Syrup
- ¾ Cup of coconut oil (I use ½ cup coconut oil and ¼ cup of cacao butter)
- ½ Cup of Cacao powder
- Add buckwheat, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, raw cacao powder, gojis and cacao nips (if using) to a bowl.
- In the food processor add chopped dates, maple syrup and melted coconut oil (and cacao butter if you are using) and blend into a smooth paste.
- Add liquid paste to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Line baking tray with baking paper, press mixture firmly into the tray (24 x 30cm tray)
- Freeze for at least an hour before serving.
- Remove from freezer and cut into bit sized squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer (I personally prefer the freezer).
- Keep up to 4 weeks in the fridge.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE